I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

June 6, 2014

R.I. FOR SYLVIA AND JUAN'S WEDDING

... down to r.i. for a visit and to photograph a wedding ... alas, between bad weather and being a tiny bit "under the weather" i took the car instead of my motorcycle (interesting, now how driving my car can be such a great disappointment) ... saturday night mike and beth took me up to woonsocket to listen to a great jazz group ... i borrowed beth's neat little point n' shoot canon and snapped a picture ...

... while i did a wedding several weeks ago experimenting with a "limited equipment" approach, Sylvia and Juan's was the first i've photographed with a "light" outfit:  two cameras, two flashes, two lenses, and my brand-new wicked expensive absolutely fantastically nifty promediagear "boomerang" custom flash bracket ...

... no longer nervous about the quality of the images it would produce, i used my new nikon 18-200mm f3.5-f5.6 vr zoom for the entire event ...

... the new zoom and flash bracket are an excellent combination for panning while utilizing a combination of brief flash and ambient light for exposure ...

... i love a weddings at which children are celebrated, too ... mike and beth make a lovely couple, and it's nice to see that at least one of the groleau boys is a natural at wearing a suit ...



... i finished with a snapshot of sylvia and juan with all of the children ...

... if you're interested, sylvia and juan's wedding album can be viewed on my phanfare site ...

... before i left for maine my brother introduced me to a new iPad game ... "2048" ... i'm not sure, but it's possible it's as addictive as is tetris or snood ...


... what a nice visit ...