I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

March 21, 2015

ADDIE AND PEMAQUID GET AQUAINTED

... since she had expressed an interest in learning photography, for a christmas present eric bought my olympus e-p1 for his daughter ... after one cancellation due to illness and another due to a rather nasty spring snowstorm, eric and addie and i finally met up for her first "lesson" ... after stopping for lunch, we headed down through bristol to visit pemaquid point ... it was a beautiful day, made more so by the sight of addie excitedly scampering around exploring the primeval strata ...

... several times i reminded her about staying warm, until i finally realized how as a kid i'd so hated it when ma would tell me the same thing as she, too, forgot that my youthful metabolism was quite capable of maintaining a comfortable body temperature ...

... the tide being quite low, i think the result of a recent rare alignment of moon and sun, we explored the excellent vantage point that is usually submerged beneath the crashing surf line ...

... and, still not quite old enough to know better, for a most dramatic view of the lighthouse i scrambled atop the huge pegmatite outcropping that forms the point of the peninsula ...

... father and daughter posed for a quick snapshot ...

... still in the no-flatlanders-clogging-up-the-streets time of year, we decided to stop in darmiscotta for some hot tea and delicious ice cream ... eric, who doesn't like having his picture taken, afforded me the honor of one of his "GQ" face making sessions ... this was my favorite ...

... with all kidding aside, i'm honored that eric trusts me to the point that he'll relax and let me capture a nice (and more "normal") portrait of him ...


... we had a great time, and we're all looking forward to our next outing, the wire bridge in north new portland ... i so believe that addie is going to be a great photographer (always a teacher, that's me) ...