I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

July 10, 2015

PUSHING THE X-T1

... j-sun invited me to come up to the colby art museum to watch the pecha kucha presentations, for which he handles the technical side of the evening ... arriving at the museum i was confronted with a several humongous iron cubes all coated with rust ... for want of a better phrase, i guess, these must be "modern art" ...  

... having arriving before the crowd, i had the h'orderves table all to myself ... i scoffed down several plates loaded with excellent tidbits of cheese, crackers, and grilled chicken, enough to make a good meal, then headed into the art gallery ... the first "sculpture" was a bit creepy ...

... i had a set of these when i was a kid ... was one of the best christmas presents i ever received, made more so because i knew that in a time long before ups and fedex pa had had to order it from "the lower 48" well before december in order for it to be under the tree in alaska for the holiday ... my set had roadways, wall panels, windows, everything a little engineer needed to build maze-like constructions within which he could spend hours maneuvering his matchbox cars ...

... a bit anticlimactic, since adrien and i have seen both the largest eraser and the biggest pencil in the world ... 

... this was a very strange room ...

... and this, a most intriguing doorway ...

... i finally found some "real" art, painted portraits of big-head kids ...

... i turned a corner into a little room and there she was, my first love ...

... you didn't believe me, did you ... i'll be honest, from the fifth-grade on i'm not quite sure if it was actually the anticipation of the flavor of cream soda that brought such great delight to me as i left behind a precious nickel on the store counter and accepted in return this wonderful art ...

... these snaps were made as they were rehearsing the presentations ... i.s.o. 6,400, hand-held at 1/8th second, and, because in the low light i directed my effort towards proper focus and thus paid little attention to composition, these are 60% crops of the originals ...

... when i left i noticed that someone appreciated the iron blocks ...

... before keying the entry code to open my front door (next to the little black square sign on the left), i stepped out onto main street to enjoy for a moment the end of day ...

... with the fuji x-t1, so far, so good ...