I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

October 27, 2013

24 HOURS OF LEMONS

... adding  further enjoyment to my stay at sara and gordy's, they took me with them to watch gordy's cousin race in the "24 hours of lemons" ... only $500 or less can be spent on the vehicle, after that the sky's the limit as to modifications and enhancements ... it's clear that some of the participants are there "just for the great fun," while others are obviously racing to win ... like the more refined "24 hours of lemans," this makes for an interesting mix of drivers and vehicles ... last year #300 won the race ... while we were watching this contest they remained in third or second place, but when we left there was still another day's racing to complete ...

... everyone was very friendly, and it was most entertaining to follow the action of the race cars as they negotiated the course's long straight and twisting turns ... when i first arrived i started cursing myself, "d***, i wish i'd brought my tripod and fancy zoom lens" ... in fact, i didn't even have my medium power zoom, the glass on my nikon was my short zoom ... but, remembering the advice i often offer others, i took a deep breath and reminded myself, "photographers take pictures, patrick, and you're a photographer" ... some of you will probably find that the first few of these snaps suffice, but as a sign of my appreciation and respect for #300's team i'm including the entire set ...

[FOR THOSE OF YOU NEW TO THIS JOURNAL, THERE'RE TWO POINTS TO REMEMBER.  FIRST, IF YOU CLICK ON A PICTURE THE ENTIRE SET FOR THIS ENTRY WILL APPEAR FULL-SIZED; AND, SECOND, THESE ARE LOW-QUALITY WEB VERSIONS OF THE PHOTOS, DROP ME AN EMAIL OR NOTE IF YOU'D LIKE THE FULL-SIZED FILES!]