I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

October 15, 2013

ROUTE 24

... my friend, eric, of cabot trail fame, invited me to meet him in freeport for lunch at "buck's naked bbq" ... after a nice meal, i headed up route one while he took a "shortcut" back to his house ...


... i decided to wander up route 24 along merrymeeting bay ... stopped alongside the road to snap a few pictures, i was surprised when eric's rocket-powered honda pulled up alongside me ... i guess i must've taken some sort of "fastcut" ...

... the reason i'd pulled off highway, this is my first workup of one of the images ... i'm sure that during the winter i will be revisiting the folder containing the original files ...

... while taking pictures i noticed that across the road a woman was peeking out a window ...

... i smiled and waved, and her response was friendly enough that i walked over ... she pulled up the glass and said to me, "lots of photographers stop to take pictures of my old tractor ... sometimes someone will even offer to buy it" ... we had a short conversation, and i left her with one of my cards, telling her that even if she didn't have the internet i was sure her son, who does, could find a way for her to see my pictures ...

... how simple, an old rusty tractor parked in front of the house ...