I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

October 28, 2013

45°F & SPITS OF SNOW

... as i was heading out robert said to me, "you best go south, there's snow falling up around norridgewock and madison" ... i cinched down all my velcro flaps and closures, snapped each and everyone of the countless snaps on my jacket, slid the handgrip warmer switch to "high," and headed south ... a bit of cold rain made the roads slick, the wind was gusting 20-25 miles-per-hour, and, despite my careful choice of routes, down around the castle island road i ran into a bit of spitting snow ... not enough to claim, "i've ridden my motorcycle in a snowstorm," but every day it's getting close ...

... i stopped at the rogers' homestead in mount vernon for a cup of coffee and to visit with c.j. ... as i was leaving i asked him what the outside temperature was, thinking it to be in the mid-50s ... "it's about forty-five outside" ... oh, my ... i guess i should be pleased with my selection of riding gear, since even without my long-sleeved undershirt, extra socks, and super gloves i was still relatively comfortable riding ... i did learn, however, that motorcycle tires behave a lot different when they're frozen ...

... when i got back to waterville robert snapped a picture of me before i parked and covered the bike ... you can see that my head scarf seriously tousles my hair, but i'll accept the chaotic follicles as proof i can brag, "it's almost november and i'm still on the road" ...