I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

September 5, 2015

GREEN BEAN WANDER

... i did a cover shot for my friend roger's "in the wind" journal ... he's one of those  "iron butt" riders, the kind of motorcyclists who think nothing of riding 1,000 miles in 24 hours, or, as is one of his plans, driving through all the "lower 48" states in less than ten days ... yea, crazy, for sure, but ya gotta admire it ...

... today i did one of my "left-right-left turn" wanders ... i got so thoroughly lost that when i finally popped out of the willy-wacks onto a state highway it was only by checking the map did i find out it was route 3 ... not bad "navigating," actually, since my goal was to end up at "the green bean diner" in china  ... owned and managed by nancy, one of my former students who has become a good friend, i most heartily endorse the green bean as being an absolute fabulous coffee shop and place to relax and enjoy a great lunch ... after my excellent turkey and bacon sandwich i spent some time appreciating the flowers ... once again admitting to my lack of knowledge of proper nomenclature, i'll use a word for each ...

... twins ...

... soft ..

... almost done ..

... magenta ..

... listening ..

... bold ..

... hectic ..

... memories ..

... delicate ..

... both flowers and food, the green bean is a wonderful place ..

... on the way home i stopped to watch ducks ...