I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

October 21, 2016

CHICKEN SITTIN' CHRONICLES

... chickens were happy, or so their little dance number seemed to indicate, so i decided to do some wanderingabouting in the autumn mist ...

... within a few minutes of leaving the house it was obvious that the mist was becoming rain, and i knew i'd have only a few minutes to find some nice leaves ...

 ... standing on the side of the road in new hampshire, i snapped a picture of some maine trees on the other side of the field ...

... finally, before heading up to conway to do some grocery shopping, i paused along the shore of crystal lake and found this beautiful vista of eaton, new hampshire, and "the little white church" ...

When reeds are dead and a straw to thatch the marshes,
And feathered pampas-grass rides into the wind
Like agèd warriors westward, tragic, thinned
Of half their tribe, and over the flattened rushes,
Stripped of its secret, open, stark and bleak,
Blackens afar the half-forgotten creek--
Then leans on me the weight of the year, and crushes
My heart. I know that Beauty must ail and die,
And will be born again--but ah, to see
Beauty stiffened, staring up at the sky!
Oh, Autumn! Autumn!--What is the Spring to me?
EDNA ST. VINCENT MILLAY