I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

July 29, 2013

IT’S MY “BRUDDER’S” BIRTHDAY

... to my dear brother, michael, right now with his wife up in a jet plane heading to hawaii, my wishes for a most happy-happy-happy birthday ...

... this is a picture of mike demonstrating his merit badge earning archery skills ... this is not a picture of the unique archery game he invented ... we would all stand in a huddle out in the “big yard” beyond the white post ... he would shoot an arrow straight up ... then we would all run like chickens with their heads chopped off, each of us desperately seeking something to hold over our head or trying to scurry into a place that offered at least minimal protection from the falling projectile ... worst came to worst, it was a mad scramble to tuck beneath the legs of whoever was using the little red wagon as a shield ... person closet to impact got to be “it” ... ah, yes, my brother, ever a creative soul ... i’m not even going get into the “packing-a-trout-with-explosives” phase of his childhood dementia, i’ll just leave it by saying that to this day over one-half century later i’m still finding bits of yech in my hair ...