I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

July 20, 2013

MY OWN CONUS

... after my last journal postings i thought i might've kept one of the pictures i took of some the conus textile shells i found along the reef, so i searched through the plastic cases i keep my slides in ... box number four was the charm ...


... here's a shot from a website showing what the little snails look like in their natural habitat ...


... oddly enough, despite the deadly nature of the venom they could inject i never felt any real fear picking up one of these creatures ... rather, when diving my angst was a result of the images my overactive imagination created of a giant clam grabbing ahold of my foot while i was free diving and clamping shut to hold me down until i became fish food ...