I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

February 10, 2015

A QUESTION

... question's at the end ...

... daniel, patrick and thomas ... seriously, folks, wouldn't your second thought be, "hmmmmm, i've got a feeling these guys're hatching some kind of scheme" ...

... i went for a walk ... actually, considering the frozen slush-icey-unplowed nature of the sidewalks (when such are actually negotiable, for the most part it's walkin'-in-the-road time of year), you could say i forced myself to go out ... my apartment, fourth-floor bay windows, picture center (third-floor if you enter in the front), before another foot of snow fell ...

... the hathaway building, sunset ...

... i broke my ancient archer headphones ... once a favorite of dx'ers* (if you know what that means we should sit over coffee/tea and chat), now mostly for not disturbing when i've a guest staying in my closet, i decided to apply a bit of my 463 training ... no "before" shot, here they are while the epoxy was curing ...

*HERE'S A LINK FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HEARD, "I'M TIRED OF YOUR GENERATION USING 'LOL' AND 'AFA'"

... my tools were a scissors and my miniature high-speed drill, supplies consisted of j.b. weld, a rag, electical tape, and an expired pilot truck stop customer card ...

... j.b.weld is the greatest repair tool/supply in the world ... actually, if the earth had a giant crack in it, a couple of asteroid-sized tubes of the stuff would do the trick for the fix ... i learned about two-part epoxy when i was in the military, but it was my beloved uncle vernon who instilled in my the purity of the truth, "patrick, you can fix anything with j.b. weld" ...

... here's the result ... to add "aesthetics" would've increased drastically the time involved, so this is a "functional" only repair, meeting the criteria:  item functions, repair is actually stronger than original, and repair doesn't transfer stress ...

... at minimum wage, adding in the cost of the materials/supplies, this repair was approximately half the cost of a new set of headphones of equal quality ... so, i'll ask you, "does my performing this repair serve clue that i'm:

a) ingenious
b) clever
c) related to macgyver
d) foolish
e) somewhat  of an anachronism
f) way too single
g) other ______________