I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

February 15, 2015

MY FAVORITE GANG

... saturday chad and emmie and their children came over for supper ... while emmie and chad were cleaning up and doing the dishes (habit, i guess, when you have five kids—for me, a great treat), danny asked, "what're the umbrellas for, mr. groleau" ... a seriously good question, one much easier to demonstrate than try to explain, so i positioned the light stands above the little tape marks i keep on the floor, fired up the three ancient sunpak 611 strobe units, and turned on my illegal-according-to-the-fcc (because they're for use in korea, not the united states) wireless receivers ...

... here's the entire gang ... as much a "snapshot" as a posed grouping, and, of course, the orange lips are evidence they liked my spaghetti sauce ... 

... walker's got a smile that makes the day better ...

... emily, walker, and megan ... for this shot one of the strobes didn't recycle ... i think it's time for me to replace the battery ... the quantum power unit is over thirty years old, but, considering the $400 cost for a new one, it's much easier to order a $36 lithium cell and install it myself ...

... emily and megan ... pretty contest, i think it's a draw ...

... walker's a great prop ... !!! ... hmmmmm, maybe there's a career in the making ... somehow i neglected to get a nice shot of tom by himself, so i guess we're going to have to schedule another supper ...

... walker and dan ...

Son of my mother 
time of fear a friend 
time of adversity a brother 
time of laughter, a comrade 
time of tears a comforter 
you are a brother of mine 
from Alpha to Omega. 

Son of my Father 
Strong arm, gentle word 
Loves momentary glance 
Reveals our brotherhood 
I am my brother’s keeper 
And he is mine 
One root, One Father.

ADRIAN WAIT


... with my homemade lighting outfit in the high-ceiling space i call my "big room," i don't even begin to pretend that i'm studio photographer ... i do, however, have a great deal of fun ...

... yes, indeed, absolutely great fun ...