I appreciate your patience as I revise this site. Comments, thoughts, or just a friendly chat, use the response box below or email me at patrickgroleau@gmail.com.

January 26, 2015

THE CALM BEFORE

... part of my preparations for the coming snowstorm, i had make sure my car was properly positioned in the parking lot (six feet behind the rear bumper, so that after the plows leave a ridge of snow and ice in front of the car i'll have the space to back up and then gain enough momentum to break out) ... coupled with 12-24" of light fluffy snow and the predicted high winds producing blizzard-like conditions, this could be a weather event that results in power outages, so another task was to retrieve my portable propane camp stove from its storage spot in the car's trunk ... i decided to enhance my chores with a stroll around town ... crossed the 2¢ bridge to winslow, wandered the railroad tracks, then via the memorial bridge i made my way to the car ...

... twenty-five minutes ago ... from my apartment living room's western view, this is a sky i've learned means things're likely to get rather nasty ... as i write this the blue is gone and the southern sky (left side of the picture) is an ominous featureless dark gray ...

... to all involved, stay home, stay warm ... if you do have to go out, remember, in this country we allow crazy people to drive ...